Sunday, March 2, 2014

Survival

Survival mode, that's where we've been for the last month or two it seems.  A never ending cycle of winter storms and illness that is forcing us to stay inside.  We have been fortunate to have a couple of nice days thrown in there which we have fully taken advantage of, but it seems like it only makes it worse to an almost 2 year old that doesn't understand the 58 degree temperature change.  The snow storms have been fun for me and the few times that we were able to go out and play for a bit, but sadly this winter it has just been so cold and in my opinion too dangerous to play outside for the majority of it.  I don't mind winter one bit, or I guess I should clarify, I don't mind it until around the end of March/beginning of April.  Then I am done and ready for spring to have sprung.  I love sitting by the window watching it snow, sipping hot chocolate, snuggling and watching movies.  Unfortunately there's a sweet little boy who isn't too fond of the white stuff falling from the sky unless he can go out and play in it.  So even though I love watching the flakes fall, it's time for Spring to head this way, for this "bear" of a child to come out of hibernation and go out and play.
Here are some pictures of some of the fun we did have on one of our many snow days!





He really loved running around and playing in the snow.  Although I think there were times I spent more time picking him up after he had fallen down than anything else. It was still fun nonetheless, I just wish it wouldn't have been so brutally cold so we could have played longer. 

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment