Thursday, April 21, 2011

So it's been a while...

I haven't forgotten about the blog, nothing was changing in our ttc lives.  I got tired of just reporting the same thing month after month.  Ovulation time would come, we would time everything perfectly, but then AF would come just like clockwork.  Take that times about 9 months and you are caught up. 

I guess I can't say that everything was exactly the same.  Three months ago I started taking Femera which is another form of clomid.  Our first cycle on it we did get pg, but ended up miscarrying about 4 days later.  So I guess I should look at that as good news.  At least I now know that I can get pg, but losing the baby was very difficult for the both of us.  Looking back it's hard to believe that it was just last month that it happened, it seems so much longer than that, but I have faith that sometime soon we will be blessed with a child. 

This is our last month on femera, my doctor only allows his patients to take it 3 months at a time which is probably for the better.  After this month it will give my body and ovaries a break from the meds.  So I guess we will go back to ttcing the old fashioned way with temping and OPKing.  I am a little concerned with going off the drugs that my body won't know what to do, but hopefully that won't be the case.  I'm really just hoping and praying that I won't have to worry about any of this because I will get a BFP and we can move onto another chapter in our lives. 

In other news, there are going to be lots and lots of changes around our house.  We are painting the exterior  as well as the interior.  We have lived in this house for almost 8 years and I just never decorated.  Well I can't say that, I did decorate some, but not the walls, so we are decorating everything and just over all giving everything a face lift.  We have also purchased a new front door with a storm door that I CANNOT wait to get.  It's one that has the disappearing screen so I am excited to be able to open the door and let all the nice fresh air come in.  Unfortunately we will be getting it closer to summer which then it will be hot and there won't be much window opening, but it will be wonderful in the fall.  Our roof has needed to be replaced since we moved in, crazy that it lasted another 8 years since it should have been replaced then, but oh well life got in the way.  Jason is also going to be replacing the deck.  The previous owner just used 2x4's for it instead of deck boards and it hasn't held up the way it should, so that will be replaced as well.  Whew!!! Talk about spending a lot of money!! Plus we also replaced the furnace/air conditioner in December. When we decide to sell, this place will be golden!! Wellll maybe not because the windows at some point need to be replaced but that will need to wait for either another time or another owner. 

So we have a lot going on right now and I can only hope that it keeps my mind off of ttcing.  Next Friday I have my blood test to see if our last round of femera worked. I am keeping my fingers crossed and trying to think as positive as I can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment