Friday, June 3, 2011

Finding the positives

Every so often in this journey I am reminded that I need to find the positives in not having children. Things to look forward to when so many others are looking forward to that first word, crawling or baseball games.  I don't mean for this to sound sad or depressing, but it's something all ttcers should do every so often.  Not only does it make me feel better, but it also shows how blessed I truly am.

I can sleep in all the time if I want.  There are never 3 am feedings are diapers to change in the middle of the night.  If I don't get enough sleep it's my own fault.  If I go to work tired it's not because I was up all night with my child, but because I wanted to watch this or that on tv, or read, or do whatever I wanted.

Jason and I can go out for dinner and a movie at a moment's notice. There is never having to plan a date night and arranging a babysitter.  If we feel like going out we can. 

My house is clean and organized.  Granted I do have to clean up after the cats and sometimes my husband, but for the most part everything is always put in it's place and there is never any clutter around. 

While driving around I can have my music as loud as I want and not worry about what the lyrics might be.  Oh and a major bonus, I can listen to whatever I want.  Never any Barney or Blues Clues in my car. 

Money Money Money, do I need to say more.

There are no stinky diapers to clean up or puke and I never hear "mommy can you come wipe my butt." 

Privacy, I can bathe and do my business without anyone having to "watch" me.  Although sometimes the cats do think that if I am going to the bathroom they need to join me.  Fortunately I can close the door and they can't open it. 

My evenings and weekends are free.  There is no rushing from this practice to that game to that recital and then come home and feel like I need another "x" number of hours in the day.

The list really could be endless, but for now I will stop.  I know it may appear that I am sort of celebrating not having children, but that sadly isn't the case.  I would gladly throw this list out the window if it meant I would be a mother.  I also know though that through this struggle that is ttcing you have to find the positives for where you are in life.  If not you will only sink more and more into a depression that you can't escape from.  For now though I will look at the positives on this list and pray that someday I will hear coming out of the bathroom "mommy I need my butt wiped."   
For my ttcing friends, what would be on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment