So last week we went in to see the fertility doc. After being so many days late and no BFP I decided it was time to go. We already had an appt. scheduled for the 11th of March, but I could go months without a period and decided to see if we could bump it up. It must have been in the plan because they had 2 openings the next day. Thank God!
Here's how it went:
We started the appt. just visiting with the doctor giving a history of everything and then discussing what some options are and tests that can be run. He then did a trans-vaginal sono to see how my uterus/ovaries looked. He said my uterus looked good and that it had a healthy lining, my ovaries were also the appropriate size with no visible cysts. I also got two vials of blood drawn to test my progesterone level, tsh, free t4, prolactin level and lastly a pregnancy test. We then discussed where to go from here and that we needed to get my period started. He said he would prescribe me a medication called prometrium to get things going.

Yes, these magic little pills will force your period to happen! Something I never thought I would want so badly. You take these pills for 7 days (2 every evening) and the next day the event should occur!! As soon as my period does start I will be able to schedule my hsg (also sometimes known as the dye test) where they check to see if your tubes have any blockages. I'm not looking forward to this part of the testing since the hsg is somewhat painful, but if that's what I have to do to get one step closer to having a baby I will. Jason also dropped off his "fellas" last Friday, so hopefully soon we will have the results of that as well. My blood work came back as well and I wasn't really surprised by any of it. My progesterone level was 1.2 which is really low, so that probably means I didn't ovulate this cycle. With the progesterone level so low that means the pregnancy test was negative, no shocker there. My prolactin level was normal, but yet again my thyroid was low with it being .386. Normal for thryoids is .4 to 6.1 so it's not too low, but never the less it's still low. My synthroid was adjusted to 2 - 100 mcg's a day. I'm supposed to retest in 6 weeks to see if the change made a difference.
That's it for right now. We are just waiting for AF to show and then hopefully we can get going on cycle #8 and bding for a cause! :) lol
No comments:
Post a Comment