Thursday, April 1, 2010

Onto the Next One

Well not only is today April 1st aka April Fool's day, but it is also cd 1 for me.  As much as I wish I was joking, I'm not.  Got up at 3:30 this morning and went ahead and took a test because I couldn't hold it anymore and I also needed to take some pain medicine as well.  Of course the test was a BFN, I was a little upset, but knew at that point that it wasn't meant to be.  An hour later I went back to bed and got back up at 9:30, went to the bathroom and there was the gush that I know all too well.  I do find it somewhat amusing that last cycle began on March 1st and now this cycle is beginning on April 1st.  Kind of odd, but again easy for me to remember cycle days.  At least I can be very thankful for that.  I am dealing with it pretty good I think.  I haven't broken down at all today, I'm sure in the next day or two that could happen, but right now I feel pretty good about things.  We have a plan and that has made things a whole lot easier.  I am somewhat sad that there will not be a 2010 baby as this was our last cycle for that to happen, but we have another whole year for there to be a 2011 baby.   I'm thinking a 1/11/11 baby would be kind of cool!! :)

Today I had my first acupuncture visit.  I am very impressed with the office so far.  The dr. is very kind and explains everything in great detail.  I'm just not very good at remember everything that he explains in great detail.  lol  I feel really good about this and feel that it's going to not only help us get pg, but also help me get healthy overall.  My first appt. was just a consultation as far as what's going on with me, is there anything specific I would like to see improve, etc.  I had initally wanted to do this because I knew that it could help with my fertility, but I now feel it will help with my overall well being.  He said he has had a lot of success with not only regulating women's cycles, but also those that have digestive problems and also maintaining my thryoid.  I will still have to take synthroid for the rest of my life, but he said there are things he can do to help it become more stable and not so yo-yo like it is right now.  I go back in on Monday to have my first treatment and also go over all the options as far as continuing treatment (i.e. how often) and also what he feels he can fix or improve to make me healthier.  We are also going to discuss things I can do naturally to improve my fertility such as supplements I can take as well as dietary changes. I am really excited about the changes that could occur in the next few months and I am hoping that everything we are doing right now will result in me not having to have surgery and also not having to go on clomid. 

I am FINALLY starting to feel better.  Today is the first day where I have actually felt more like myself.  I left the house for the first time since Saturday and even though it was just for a couple of hours it really wore me out.  I have also really cut back on the pain meds quite a bit, I am now taking them every 6-8 hours instead of every 4 hours.  Hopefully by next Thursday when I go back to work I will have built up my reserve a little bit so I don't get so exhausted that first day.  Fortunately I only work Thursday and then have Friday off before I work Saturday and Sunday so I will get a day to rest inbetween.  I plan on taking residence on the couch that whole day!! lol  With this whole shingles experience, I was very blessed to have a large amount of time off to recover.  Granted I had to miss 4 days of work, but it could have been a whole lot more.  Thank goodness for stretches at work!

Lastly, with today being cd 1 I started my first bottle of FertilAid.  Even with AF starting today I was thrilled that I started without having any help or going on for days and days with no end in sight.  I am hoping that this new pill I am taking will help regulate my cycles and bump ovulation day up a little sooner. I have discovered though when I do ovulate that my lp is 12 days which is good (between 10-14 days is good).  I was concerned that there wasn't enough time between ovuation and AF for my egg to get a chance to implant, but 12 days gives that egg enough time. 

Now the waiting begins again, although this time around I will have acup to keep me busy and hopefully help me RELAX!!

No comments:

Post a Comment