Friday, March 26, 2010

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

I've been meaning to update things for a while, but it hasn't been the best week. 

We'll start with the good.

I had my fertility doctors appt. on Tuesday. It was pretty much just an appt. for me to ask questions about everything fertility and to just talk.  I came away from the appt. feeling pretty good about things.  I had told him that we were going to take the next 3 months and try to conceive naturally.  After the 3 months if I still wasn't pg then we would proceed with the surgery.  I also asked about where the muscle spasm usually shows as a blockage on the hsg and where it showed my blockage began is where the muscle spasm would be - at the very beginning.  So I feel somewhat hopeful that the test was wrong and that my tube isn't actually blocked, but for right now we are still saying that it is beause it hasn't been proven otherwise.  The success rate with the surgery is 75% to 85% which I guess is good, but there are downsides.  If things don't look good he could take my whole tube out which I'm really not ok with, but I guess if it's not functioning what's the point of having it.  We also talked some about clomid and what he usually likes to do dosage wise.  Of course his preference is to start clomid on cd 3-7, then estrogen for a couple of days, then I would get a shot of hcg, sono and lastly insemination (IUI).  That will not be the plan for us as this plan is very expensive, around $2500 for just month.  So if we proceed with clomid it will be all on our own.  The first month I will have a sono just to see if the clomid is doing anything, but we will be doing insemination ourselves in otherwords bding.  That was the jist of the appt. Before we were getting ready to leave he did give me a bit of information that made me feel a lot better about things.  He feels that really the only problem we have is that I am not ovulating every cycle, which we kind of knew somewhat.  He felt there would be no reason that we couldn't get pg with just using clomid and doing nothing else.  That gave me a bit of hope that if we have to proceed with fertility treatments that it may not have to be a whole lot.  Just a little extra nudge. 

Onto the bad.

We are going on 3 months of Jason not having a job.  Although we have been very blessed for him to do contracting work off and on it has caused a lot of arguing lately.  Needless to say this has not been a fun week in our household.  I feel so badly for him, but I feel there is nothing that we can do right now to alleviate the situation.  It sucks all around, although I have enjoyed having him at home off and on (for the most part).  I feel like I am doing my best to support him and encourage him that he will find a job, it's just may take a while, but I really feel like it's not helping.  It seems like he has such bad days where I can't do anything or say anything right. There are times I just don't know what else to do.  I've been praying like a mad woman hoping that one day the phone will ring with a job offer.  Anything to get him back doing what he loves.  I think for the most part he is lost and just doesn't know what to do.  His job has always been his livelyhood, something he excels in so well and is very passionate about.  Please continue to pray for us and that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel soon. 

So now the ugly and it is ugly. 

Some of you may have seen the pictures on facebook, but I have faced a new challenge this week.  I have a staph infection on my face that is very painful and also very disturbing to look at.  I feel it has progessively gotten worse and so tomorrow we will be going back to the doctor to see what he thinks.  I had gone to the PA on Wednesday since my regular doctor was booked and was prescribed a zpak and also an ointment to apply.  Thursday I woke up with my face swollen and having blurred vision out of my right eye.  There has also been some itchyness and overall discomfort in both eyes.  So I called the office again and the PA prescribed eye drops and said to call back if it wasn't better in 72 hours.  I'm not waiting 72 hours, because I feel it has gotten worse and it has spread.  I hate complaining, but I am so miserable and uncomfortable.  It is so painful at times and the tylenol I have been taking has not touched the pain at all.  I am hoping that tomorrow I will have some answers as to what to do to make this go away.  Unfortnately I haven't been able to work during this time and I'm not sure when I will be able to work since I am somewhat afraid to go to work with it being open and seeping.  I've tried bandages but I am allergic to the adhesive so tape/bandages are out.  Fortunately I do have about 5 weeks of pto/sick time to help out if I have to be off for longer.


This is how it started.

            This was it today (Friday) and it actually looks worse now.  :(


We thank you all so much for the prayers and support that you have given us, it is greatly appreciated.  Please continue to pray that we will be blessed soon and that we will receive some good news as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment